Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ODEN ARZA ANDERSON

So you all probably already know, thanks to facebook, that Oden is here.


On Thursday, Jeremy and I went to St. Lukes and I got induced. We were in the room and all hooked up by 8:00 am.Things were pretty uneventful so around 11:00 Jeremy and Nate went to get some lunch and by 11:15 I was asking for an epidural. The anesthesiologist came in and gave me the epidural and as I was lying back down in the bed, I felt my water break. I looked up at the clock and remember it being 11:45. I started to get a little nervous about Jeremy not being there, so I asked my mom to call him and have him come back to the hospital. I thought I still had a good 2-3 hours, but I still just wanted him there.


The nurse (Sam) checked me and said that she and the student who was doing her clinical (Anali) with her were going to go eat lunch and when she came back we would have a baby and then I could eat lunch. Jeremy was pulling into the parking lot when my mom called him, so he was pretty close anyway. As the epidural kicked in I started to feel some pressure and remembered always hearing that when you feel the pressure it is time to push, but the nurse wasn't back yet, so I wasn't going to push. When Sam got back around 1:00 she asked me about the pressure and checked again. I could tell by the look on her face that we were pretty close, but I asked how close anyway. She made me wait because she wanted Anali to check to see how close we were.


Pretty soon, Sam was on the phone trying to get a hold of my doctor and the doctor on call to come in. She was basically trying to get whoever could come in first. There was another woman (in room 9) who was also in labor, but when the nurse was trying to get the doctors, she said we would be having the baby first. My mom said when the nurse asked her to leave the room it was 1:10 and she ended up passing Dr. Lovelace in the hall. She said he was moving pretty quickly. He came in the room and checked me and as he started to get dressed in the doctor clothes Sam had me start pushing through the contractions. I pushed through 3-4 contractions and then Oden was here!


So at 1:15pm Oden Arza Anderson arrived. He was 7lbs 12 oz (same as Xioxtl) 20 1/4 in long and his head was 14 in around. He has brownish blond hair and is STINKIN' CUTE. This delivery was much, much, much easier than it was with Xioxtl. We came home on Friday and I am completely mobile!


4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Makes me want to cry...so happy for you and your littles! He is beautiful and I just wish I could kiss his tiny cheeks!! And play some imaginary friend game with Xioxi!

    Love you. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS Kristen! So glad that everything went well and everyone is happy and healthy! e sure is a cute little guy! Wishing you ALL the BEST and HAPPINESS! Lots of Love and Smiles from the Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! And I love that his middle name is Arza. That is so special. Also, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Hope to see your family soon!

    ReplyDelete