I only have 1 more day to go without yummy sweet treats and what else do I have? COUPONS FOR BEN & JERRY'S ICE CREAM! YUMMY!
I am about to do a blog no-no and just fill you in on some things that have been going on.
My camera broke, so now I don't have any pictures to include on my blogs. I actually have the camera on my phone and will be using it more often, since it is all I have. The picture quality isn't as good, but those pictures will be better than no pictures.
I did the Race for the Cure, Mother's Day weekend. Becky and I came in pretty close to last, but we have a good excuse! When the race started we were over at the vendors tents getting some FREE loot. That's right, I said FREE! We got really cute, green and pink totes, scarves, bagels, fruit, water, chap stick. We could have gotten more stuff but decided to go start the race when the announcer said the first runner was coming in at 15 minutes(... and here comes the second runner). So we headed over to the starting line (with only a couple more stops) and when we got there, we were starting the race 20 minutes after it started. We also had to go to the bathroom, but the lines were too long over by the vendor tents, but half way through the race they were nice enough to have port-a-potties. By that point we couldn't wait anymore! So we got in line and took turns staying with the girls. When we were finished the girls were very antsy and DID NOT want to get back in their strollers, so we walked at little girl pace and when they were tired we loaded them back in the strollers and finished the race. It was long, but it was fun. Becky and I had a good time and are excited to walk again next year. We are hoping the Daddy's will come with us.
Jeremy went to Post Falls/Coeur D Alene for soft ball tournaments. McU's sent him there to sell shirts for the State Tourney. I missed him before he even left and 4 days have never seemed so long. He was supposed to come home tonight, but he showed up at 2 o'clock this morning. That was 1 time it was ok for the door bell to ring that early in the morning (he left his keys at home so I could have his car, and I was sleeping to deep to hear him knocking quietly). Xioxtl slept right through the knocking on the door, the doorbell ringing and the dogs barking. PHEEWWW!
Jeremy's brother Tac and his wife Jen and their kids will be moving to Seattle. Tac left last week and Jen will be leaving when the kids are done with school in a couple weeks. His other brother TJ will be moving to Texas with his wife Haley on TUESDAY. Poor Jeremy is really going to miss his brother's. TJ will at least be back in the Fall to finish up his degree, so Jeremy can see him then. And while looking on the brighter side, since Larissa lives in Seattle too, we have even more reason to go on vacation now and can overstay our welcome at 2 places before we have to come home. After all, isn't that what family is for?
My dad and I went to the store to get some plants for the garden. We got strawberries, tomatoes, banana peppers, jalapenos, cucumbers, zucchini, beans, peas, carrots, pumpkins and need to still get cantaloupe and possible cabbage. YUM! I am sooo excited. I am going to be helping my dad with the garden this year, so it will be my first garden. I think we got a pretty good spread and I am ready for the hard work that comes with a garden.
Xioxtl is cute as ever. She loves to show off and will make us follow her around. She usually says, "Mommy, Come On" while signaling for me to follow her. She does it to everyone she wants to play with and always gets them to go with her. We are all SUCKERS for her cuteness! She loves to run and jump and play on Nannie and Papa's new swing set. She loves the swing and the slide and even gets us all to play on them with her, when her cousin Griffin isn't there to play. Like I said, we are all suckers, and we enjoy every minute of it!
It seems like there is still a lot more going on, but I think I have covered enough ground today. Sorry for the randomness!
Yipeeeee!!!! Are you sure you really want to eat sugar again? Haahhaa.
ReplyDeleteI loved this post b/c I learned so much.
I'm so excited for you to garden. I miss being able to do that here in Texas. If you can believe people are already harvesting what they planted in February!! And then this growing season will come to an end and another will begin in August. Funny, huh? Anyway...I wish I could send you a camera. I would!! Sorry it broke!
Love you!