Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Susan G Komen Race for the Cure

On SATURDAY, I will be doing the 5k walk/run (but mostly walking with Xioxtl in her stroller) with my friend Becky. 2 years ago Becky's mom passed away from cancer which started in her breast and turned into bone cancer. This will be Becky's second Mother's Day without her mom with her here on Earth. Last year we did the walk for the first time and now we are making a tradition out of it.

I have a link on the top left of my page that will go directly to my "Race Center". If you would like to make a donation to the cause, please feel free to go there to do so. I am excited for my second Susan G Komen walk and look forward to keeping this new tradition alive.



*****************
On another note, it has been 17 days without my yummy sweet treats and so far so good. I have had normal cravings and have been curbing them with fruit (dried and fresh) and sugar free gum. A Ben & Jerry's store opened up downtown (after I started my sweets ban) and I have been thinking about them quite a bit. Maybe that is where I will go for my first taste of sugary goodness.

1 comment:

  1. I love that race! I have been meaning to tell you how hot you are with your new haircut too!!!!! Crazy you cut all that off but it looks awesome! Love ya mama!

    ReplyDelete