I was excited for the opportunity to teach Xioxtl something new when she saw the owl. I asked her what an owl says and she told me, "HOO HOO". I was excited she knew, but also a little disappointed that I didn't get to teach her.
My dad took this picture to Fish and Game and they said it is a full grown screech owl. It is about a foot tall, so we thought it was a baby. Jeremy took this great picture (with my parent's camera since ours is still broken). Fish and Game said they also have a screech owl living in the trees by their building, but haven't been able to get a picture of it and they have a professional photographer, so my dad is going to give them a copy of the bottom picture.
This is how exciting life has been here at the home of The Magnificents.
I'm so jealous!! I love owls and wish we could get one to live around our house. LUCKY!!
ReplyDeleteDon't you feel better knowing Clarence will keep you mouse free!?!