Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthday Party (w/o pics)

Since Nannie will be in Utah for her grand babies birthdays we decided to do a joint birthday party. So this last Saturday we celebrated Xioxtl, Talon and Nannie's birthday. We just had a family gathering with sandwiches, pasta salad and chips. It was 106 degrees outside, but the kids love being out in Nannie's and Papa's backyard. Maybe Alisha will post some pics so you can see why the kids love Nannie and Papa's backyard so much. Anyway, Papa and Tio Brandt showed up with a kiddie pool and Tio Brandt put it under the slide of the playhouse and hung the hose from the slide. Griffin got so excited and yelled, "Water Slide". It took the little girls some time to get used to, but pretty soon they wanted to slide into the pool too.

They opened presents and got some really good loot! Tia Alisha was in charge of cakes and she ordered 3 little cakes for Xioxi, Talon and Mom and a large sheet cake for the rest of us. The cakes were made by Tammy McMorrow and like always, they were sooo yummy!

It was a good day and I am glad we all got to spend it together. It is so nice to have family so close by, the only thing that would have made it better was Larissa.

2 comments:

  1. ...and Aunt Sylvia...I know you totally meant to add my name there...don't worry I'm not at ALL offended!

    I'm glad everyone had such a lovely time!! It is so nice to live so close together. I'll be watching for pictures.

    Happy Birthday XIoxI{Saturday,right?}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have pictures AND videos to post. I'm hoping to get that done today. :)

    ReplyDelete