Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat

For Halloween we decided to go to some friend's house to watch BSU dominate San Jose State and then stay for dinner and Trick or Treating. Kick off was at 1:00 and we actually left the house late. We were in such a hurry to go that I left my purse at home with the camera in it, so I had to rely on my phone camera once again (thanks to PICNIK they turned out pretty good) Xioxtl had so much fun that nap time was non-existent and she got CRABBY. Around 5 o'clock I took Xioxtl for a drive and after about 5 minutes in the car she passed out. I went back to our friend's house, parked in the driveway and hung out in the car with Xioxtl for about an hour until dinner was ready. I was hoping an hour nap was better than none, but I was wrong. She was crabbier after the nap then before and almost didn't get to go Trick or Treating.

It took alot of convincing, but Xioxtl finally settled down enough for me to get her dressed in her costume. She was actually asking me to put the make-up on her!

We went around the neighborhood then got the truck and hit the neighborhood across the street. Xioxtl did great, at first she wanted to climb in and out of her stroller between houses, but by the end of the first street she wanted out of the stroller and wanted to walk on her own. Everyone loved the tiny little black cat and she was so cute with her little "Trick or Treat" then she would tell them "Thank you" using both her words and her sign language. By the time we got the truck she would want to get in after every house. We only hit a couple more houses and went back to check out the loot. She got 2 full size candy bars along with a ton more candy. Lucky for me!



Overall Halloween turned out to be GREAT, which I am excited about because it is our favorite holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I don't think Rees would let us put makeup on him. He thinks sticker tattoos are 'owies'

    Sorry about the crabby toddler but glad she got out of it for trick-or-treating at least. We had a similar experience for our ward Halloween party.

    ReplyDelete