Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Teaser for Oden's Room

                               

So here is a little bit of what we painted for Oden's Room. Jeremy and I wanted to have Viking ships sailing around the room. Why Viking ships?


ODIN: The Norse Biggy. ODIN is Father of the Gods, King of ASGARD, Ruler of the AESIR and the Lord of War, Death and Knowledge.-www.godchecker.com


So Odin was a Norse God back in the days of the Vikings. I suggest watching the movie Erik the Viking, it is pretty funny but it is also where we got the name Odin. I really like the name, but wanted to change the spelling and that is how we came up with Oden and the Viking decor.



I had a vision of water and Viking ships around the room, but since I am not artistic by any means, we had to improvise. We painted the room yellow (thanks mom and Alisha) and then I started searching online for the perfect water. I couldn't find anything I liked, but being an Aquarius, I knew if I searched for the Aquarian water symbol I would be able to come up with something. I found a water symbol I could live with and adjusted it in paint brush. My mom printed it onto transparency and brought a projector from work. We had gone shopping around Christmas time at the local Scandinavian store and found a Viking ship ornament and magnet, which she also copied onto transparency. She is brilliant! It took 8 times around the room to paint the water and two coats of everything on the boat.
THE PAINTING IS DONE! Now we just have to do the big furniture exchange and we will be done.



1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, very Scandinavian! So fun and very "yar!" Here's hoping he is blonde and blue eyed and as big as his name!! I'm sure he will be all that and more. Can't wait!!!

    My friend's mom almost named him "Thor" when she was in her Scandinavian appreciation phase. She was part of Woodstock and every other trend, but always a hippie at heart. He laughs about it now and it is funny to hear him talk about it. He ended up with the name of Quinn.

    ReplyDelete