My cousin Natalie has been on a "sweets" ban (and during Easter might I add), and recently in one of her blog post she challenged, no DAREd her readers to try it. 30 days without sweets! No cookies, no cupcakes, chocolate, candy, ice cream... I better stop before just the thought of it all gets to me.
Well yesterday (by default), I didn't eat any sweets. I started thinking about Natalie and how long she has gone without, then I remembered the DARE. So, as of yesterday (like I said by default) I offically accept Nat's 30 day challenge. I am looking forward to her support and her ideas on how to beat the sugar cravings. If any of you would like to join this 30 day challenge, as Natalie put it... I DARE you :)
For any of you who haven't seen me in a while, I have gained 10 lbs over the past couple months and I am hoping this will start my journey to shed those stupid 10 lbs.
I would just like to add that I am going to baby shower this weekend and a bridal shower in a couple weeks. I also have a Toblerone candy bar, a Butterfinger and boxes upon boxes of Girl Scout Cookies at the house. I gave Jeremy BOTH of my candy bars and will stare the boxes of cookies back in the face and prove to myself that I can beat them.
Good bye yummy treats! Good Bye 10 lbs!
Well yesterday (by default), I didn't eat any sweets. I started thinking about Natalie and how long she has gone without, then I remembered the DARE. So, as of yesterday (like I said by default) I offically accept Nat's 30 day challenge. I am looking forward to her support and her ideas on how to beat the sugar cravings. If any of you would like to join this 30 day challenge, as Natalie put it... I DARE you :)
For any of you who haven't seen me in a while, I have gained 10 lbs over the past couple months and I am hoping this will start my journey to shed those stupid 10 lbs.
I would just like to add that I am going to baby shower this weekend and a bridal shower in a couple weeks. I also have a Toblerone candy bar, a Butterfinger and boxes upon boxes of Girl Scout Cookies at the house. I gave Jeremy BOTH of my candy bars and will stare the boxes of cookies back in the face and prove to myself that I can beat them.
Good bye yummy treats! Good Bye 10 lbs!
Go for it! You too can beat the sugar monster!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I'm your #1 fan. As for advice....BE STRONG....is the best thing I can say. And um honey rocks! Remember Mum's homemade wheat bread, toasted with honey? What else? Just be certain not to over do it on other junk food to compensate. It will be hard (real hard) at times as you will realize how much sugar consumes our lives! Kind of unreal and I will think of you when I eat my b-day cake to end my 30 days next week! I'm so proud of you and you know, making a public announcement on the blog helps a ton! Now, you have to do it!
ReplyDelete